MedAccess Urgent Care, PLLC is seeking a qualified candidate for immediate hire in our Chapel Hill and/or Youngsville office for the following position: Front Desk Assistant
Closing date: March 17, 2017 at 3:00PM.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Only email submissions will be accepted. No phone calls, please.
- Hourly Position
- Monday through Friday work hours plus scheduled weekends and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities:
The goal of this team member is to provide superior customer service to both patients and other staff members.
- Greet patients and handle check-in/check-out process, including use of Clockwise system
- Enter demographics and scan patient information into Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and properly log patient into system
- Verify patient demographic and insurance information, updating as needed
- Collect patient payments
- Answer and respond to inquiries; forward messages from patients, pharmacies, and other providers to clinical staff according to company protocol
- Maintain accurate accounting of cash drawer during shift
- Call patients to follow up on their visit to MAUC, as needed
- Maintain cleanliness and functionality of office, particularly lobby and registration area
- Other duties as required
Professional Skills Required
- High school diploma or equivalent; ability to read, write, and perform basic mathematical functions
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and courteously handle patient and family interactions and interactions with other staff
- Technology proficiency: familiarity with the use of Microsoft Office Suite; ability to utilize practice management, EMR, and Clockwise software accurately and efficiently
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work well under pressure
- Efficient and accurate completion of daily tasks and data entry
- Professional appearance and manner
- Knowledge of insurance/medical terms and policies preferred but not required